EXTENDED SERVICE GUIDELINES
The Dial-A-Ride vans shall be used to transport customers that want to come from or go beyond our
regular fixed routes into sparsely populated locations in the District known as “Extended Services
Areas.” Areas included are Henley, Columbia Plywood, Wocus Road, the Airport, Green Acres, NEW Corp,
and ESI. Locations outside the District boundaries will not be served. The following guidelines apply:
1. Requests for this service may be made during regular business hours Monday through Friday
from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM at 883-2877. After business hours you may request the service through the
2. When this special service is requested, the Dispatcher must be notified and he/she will dispatch the
van as soon as possible. The arrival of the vans shall be no later than what it would reasonably take
for the next line bus to arrive and provide the service (usually 30 to 60 minutes). Such notification may
be by radio, personal contact, or telephone. Appointments may be made for up to five (5) days in
advance. Any person who makes such arrangements, either personally or through another, and does
not keep their appointment, is declared a “no show” shall not be permitted the opportunity for future
advance booking and therefore will have to request the service each time, as needed.
3. The cost for this service is the regular Dial-A-Ride fare (currently $3.00). If the trip starts on the
Dial-A-Ride van going to the regular buses, the DAR driver collects the full fare ($3.00) and issues a transfer.
If the trip starts on the regular bus going to the DAR van, the regular bus driver collects the full fare ($3.00)
and issues a transfer. Use of a monthly pass or punch ticket is permitted, but the total fares collected must
be $3.00 in any combination.
4. Persons going from an extended to the regular bus, will be picked up at their curb and delivered to the
nearest sheltered bus stop. Those locations are; WalMart, Klamath Community College, Southside Transfer
(Fairgrounds), Downtown Transfer Station and OIT College. Persons going from the regular bus to an
extended area will be picked up at one of those locations and taken to their requested curbside location in
the extended area.
5. Customers may bring their parcels, packages, baby strollers or bicycles onto the DAR van, providing
there is space available, and in the good judgment of the DAR driver, safety will not be compromised.
6. The DAR van will NOT travel on bad, unpaved roads or driveways. Persons wishing service who live
on a rough, unsafe road or driveway, will be asked to wait for the van at the nearest paved, safe location.